Saturday, 12 February 2011

Colour


Based on Friend Friday (a project where a group of bloggers answer a set of questions and have a discussion about a particular topic. It's hosted by ModlyChic.) but I'm answering this on a Saturday so... yeah.

1. What colour dominates your closet?
Green, well lime green. I have so much of the stuff. I also have loads of black and then light yellow and light orange. Oh and quite a bit of red too. I have a lot of colours in there, but the one colour I don't have anything of is pink.

2. If money weren't an issue how would you change the colour emphasis in your closet?
I'd add to it in the places where I have fewer items in that colour. I have plenty of red, orange, yellow, green, and black. I have recently had some brown and beige additions to my wardrobe which is a bit of a change and would love to have some more pieces to add as I find that I look quite grown up in the styles I now own. I also quite like some grey and white and have a little of each. Again I would like more. I have a single top in a teal blue and some tights to match. Blue isn't a colour which suits my complextion well, but I'd own more if I could afford to buy whatever suits me. Despite owning plenty of black I still want more. I'm a goth at heart even if black doesn't suit me all that well. I love it too much to care though. I used to wear purple all the time in my early teens so I'm not all that keen on purple. I feel I've outgrown it.

That's in relation to clothes. As far as corsets go I want to have an entire rainbow of colours (excluding pink). It is my dream to own 365 corsets, one for every day of the year. Well I'd want to own 365 overbusts and 365 underbusts... but that might be going just a little bit too far.

3. What is your mantra about mixing colours?
Black goes with pretty much everything except blue and brown. I love black and red together a la Murderdolls and white and red together as beautifully pulled off (sometimes literally) by Emilie Autumn.

I love black and bright lime green together (as if it wasn't obvious from the colour scheme of my blog...) I also like mixing my lime greens, pale yellows and pale oranges in visual citrus fruit salad (far tastier than the fruits themselves). And as far as corsets go, black with any bright colour looks to die for. The combination gives me eyegasms! And looking for examples I managed to stumble upon pictures of a long-lost corset I fell in love with back before Creations L'escarpolette started ripping off customers and not finishing orders (so sad). These must have been posted by the owner as the images on the seller's website (when it existed) were on a dressform not a person. But just look at that bright orange in combination with the black flossing. OMG!! *squeals*

4. For you, how do you incorporate colour into your outfits?
This varies depending on my mood. Sometimes I'm in a colour mood, sometimes I just want to wear all black! As an average outfit I tend to wear a coloured top with my grey-black jeans (of which I have several pairs in slightly different styles) or a skirt if the weather is good enough. In summer I tend to coordinate better. I'll perhaps wear a pale yellow top with a green cropped cardigan (half length sleeves) and green shorts and team that with my green summer shoes, with little yellow ankle socks and if I'm wearing my hair down, my yellow alice band to keep my hair away from my face. My jewelry (if worn) will also colour coordinate. I have a green handbag and also a green, yellow and orange handbag which go with all my summer wardrobe. My black clothes are mostly my winter stuff.
When I had a job I liked to wear a grey chequered dress which finished just above my knee in a pencil cut with a nice slit at the back. It has short, cap sleeves and a low soft-square neckline. To add some colour to that outfit I'd wear a polo neck underneath. I have the same shortsleeved style in black, cream, teal blue and purple. And long sleeves in green and red. I'd then wear tights as close to the colour of the top to match. I have teal, purple and red tights so they add a nice burst of colour to an otherwise plain outfit. Or I'd do a similar thing but with a skirt instead of a dress.

5. Which blogger(s) do you think do a good job of incorporating colour into their wardrobe?
If I'm honest, I've yet to follow many bloggers who blog mainly about their wardrobe. So I can't yet comment on this one. Perhaps I shall edit this later when I've read a wider range of blogs.

No comments: